Lenny is a dry-witted, monotone producer.
Being a producer, his main point in making movies is to make a lot of money for the business to keep going and get recognition. He mainly looks for money, he doesn't put much care into the movies himself, he is merely on the business side of movie-making.
Nor does he really care that Secretariat the film was changed from being a dark and gritty story to a family-friendly and cheesy film. This is not to say he is a heartless person. He is not out to cause malice or genuinely harm someone, but merely a producer trying to keep a business going.
- Princess Carolyn (frequent colleague/supposed friend)
- "Well, I'll say to you what I once said to a young Buster Keaton, 'What?'"
- BoJack Horseman: The BoJack Horseman Story, Chapter One (cameo)
- Say Anything (official debut)
- One Trick Pony
- The Showstopper (photo only)
- Though Lenny's name is often misspelled as Lennie, show creator Raphael Bob-Waksberg has confirmed the correct spelling is Lenny Turteltaub.
- The name could be a riff on Jon Turteltaub, an American film director and producer or Harry Turtledove, an author known for alternate history.
- He claims to have worked with several old and deceased actors, meaning he is very old.
- This may be due to some real life turtles being able to live for over hundred years.
- He is seemingly of Jewish heritage and peppers his vocabulary with many stereotypical Hebrew words, some of which are made up, which BoJack Horseman notices. It is unclear whether or not he is actually Jewish.