Courtney Portnoy is a recurring character in BoJack Horseman.
Courtney is a human female, with long straight blonde hair.
Courtney typically wears a white pleated tennis inspired sundress with gold strappy sandals.
She wears heavy grey eye-shadow and pink lipstick and carries a lady's red handbag with a gold strap and front clasp.
When she was pretending to date Todd and "Todd-style" was in fashion she wore a red zip-down hoodie with front pockets and a yellow beanie over her normal everyday attire.
Courtney is an overly privileged celebrity who is very detached from reality. An example of this is she has trouser maidens to help her button her jeans to avoid wrinkles.
Courtney Portnoy is a human female who is a tongue-twisting celebrity actress and a former managerial client of Princess Carolyn.
In Hooray! Todd Episode!, Courtney dated and almost fake married Todd Chavez, as a publicity stunt, to make her seem more relatable to the public—the idea being, she was dating a "boring nobody" like Todd.
She was almost in a movie called Ms.Taken which was about a shooting in a shopping mall which was supposed to help change her image. The film was never shown, due to several mass shootings across the USA.
In A Quick One, While He's Away, Justin is having lunch with Kelsey. Kelsey informs Justin that she’s directing the new movie Fire Flame much to his excitement. Kelsey goes on to tell Justin that he needs an actress that is tough but vulnerable and asks Justin what he thinks of Gina Cazador.
Justin tells Kelsey that Gina is very versatile and very talented, but tells Kelsey he ultimately can’t recommend working with her, especially if she has to do a lot of stunts. Justin tells Kelsey that Gina is difficult saying that he doesn’t know what happened as when he worked with her a few years ago she was great.
Justin then recommends Courtney Portnoy to Kelsey instead, saying he has heard nothing but good things.
- Her character appears to be a social commentary/parody on how overly rich people are out of touch with reality.
- Hooray! Todd Episode! reveals she has an uncle who starred in the Taken films.
- Portnoy's Toys in Thoughts and Prayers: AK-47, RPG-7, M-16 and four pistols. Borner SuperSport 708 in her handbag.
Judging by the billboard it's likely Gina portrays Fireflame in the film, though it isn't directly specified.
- The titular character likely originated from comic books before being adapted to film, similar to the many superhero movies featuring Marvel and DC characters.
- In particular, she may be based on the Marvel character Firestar, another female superhero.
- Since Princess Carolyn uses a lot of alliterations and twisters in her everyday speech Courtney's character and name were created.
- Amy Sedaris, Princess Carolyn's voice actor, actually hates saying the tongue twisters and they get progressively more challenging over time.