Back in the 90's is the ending credits theme for BoJack Horseman. It is performed by the band Grouplove.
Back in the 90's
I was in a very famous TV show
I'm BoJack the Horse (BoJack)
BoJack the Horse
Don't act like you don't know
And I'm trying to hold on to my past
It's been so long
I don't think I'm gonna last
I guess I'll just try
And make you understand
That I'm more horse than a man
Or I'm more man than a horse
In some episodes an alternate version of the ending theme is played, usually with the lyrics changed to reference that specific episode.
- In The BoJack Horseman Show, the opening line of the song is changed to "Back in '07, I was in a not-successful TV show," with the rest of the lyrics referencing the short-lived TV show that the episode focused on.
- In See Mr. Peanutbutter Run, the song at first appears to be unchanged but turns out to be about Mr. Peanutbutter (who was also in a famous TV show in the '90s), and his campaign for governor.
- In The Dog Days Are Over, the end credits feature a Vietnamese cover of the song by Thao Nguyen.
- In The Amelia Earhart Story, the song is replaced with an instrumental acoustic guitar cover.
- In Free Churro, an instrumental organ cover is played.
- In Ancient History, the usual version of the song is replaced by a hard-rock cover. (The lyrics, however, remain unchanged.)
- In Mr. Peanutbutter's Boos, an instrumental Halloween version of the song is played.
- In The New Client, it is played as an instrumental lullaby